Pig ‘N’ Whistle Is Hiring
January 28, 2020
Staff Employment Services
$50,000 – $64,999
The Pig ‘N’ Whistle venues are authentically themed and operated as British pub & restaurant offerings. The Pig ‘N’ Whistle brand has a significant international following of British expatriates with football (soccer) matches shown live and international broadcasts cutting live to the fans at Pig ‘N’ Whistle venues.
Six Pig ‘N’ Whistle venues – Indooroopilly, Queen Street Mall, Riverside Centre, Brunswick Street, King George Square and West End – are all in close proximity to Brisbane’s vibrant CBD. Collectively, they employ over 150 staff, including many from the UK and Ireland.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager. Reporting to an accomplished management team, this role is highly visible and requires someone who thrives in a busy and demanding venue. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Venue Manager to implement the best customer experience – every day;
- Manage and oversee the restaurant operations on a daily basis;
- Lead and manage bar and restaurant staff through service periods;
- Partner with the kitchen team to ensure the food offering is being delivered as per expectations;
- Apply sound business acumen to optimise the running of the restaurant.
What we need:
You will be able to demonstrate your hospitality skills and experience, ideally built in a fast paced environment.
You will have strong communication and organisation skills, and a commitment to providing an outstanding guest experience.
We are looking for a friendly and innovative team player with a combination of the following:
- A naturally friendly and engaging personality
- Impeccable presentation and an ability to connect with people
- Barista, cocktail, wine and food knowledge
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Positive attitude with a strong communication skills and work ethic
- Available to work a flexible roster including nights and weekends
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service
- RSA and Approved Managers License
In return we offer you:
- Opportunities for development and career progression
- Great tips for the right candidate
- Full support from your management.
- Ongoing learning and ability to further develop your skills
To the right person we offer a salary between $50,000 – $65,000 p.a., with great working conditions in a well-managed environment . Full support from our Venue Management Team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a duty manager?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?