The Charming Squire Is Now Hiring
January 7, 2020
Staff Employment Services
$50,000 – $64,999
The Charming Squire is the perfect place for a fun night out, a special function or a casual catch up over lunch or dinner. It is Queensland’s only James Squire brewhouse where you can get acquainted with the brewing process, explore the beer range, all while enjoying dishes from our coal pit and grill.
Since its inception in 2014, The Charming Squire has won two Queensland Hotel Association (QHA) awards and has been a finalist in both QHA & Restaurant & Catering awards.
Bring to life the story of James Squire through our food and service, to exceed our guests experience.
- Work with one of Australia’s iconic brands, James Squire
- Lead, train, develop and inspire your team
- Input into menu development
What we are looking for:
We are looking for the services of an experienced hospitality professional to take on the Restaurant Manager role. This pivotal appointment will take control of the daily operations of the venue, manage a diverse range of first-class functions and events, and deliver an exceptional guest experience – daily. Reporting to an accomplished Venue Manager, this role will be highly visible and requires someone who thrives in a busy and demanding venue.
Skills & Experience:
You will be able to demonstrate your hospitality skills and experience, ideally built in a fast paced, high end environment. You will have an exceptional level of communication, organisation, attention to detail, and commitment to providing an outstanding guest experience.
What we need:
- A naturally friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent communication skills, and impeccable presentation
- Skilled functions and events management, coupled with a spirit of enthusiasm and success, without losing sight of fun along the way
- Ability to deliver a function that is both visually stunning and operationally savvy.
- A genuine desire to nurture and develop the people within your team
- First-rate food and wine knowledge
- High volume restaurant background
What we offer:
- Opportunities for development and career progression
- Full support from your management.
- Ongoing learning and ability to further develop your skills
To the right person we offer a great salary and conditions in a well-managed environment with full support from our Venue Management Team.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?